Meet our friendly Speeds & Welfare Officer!
- Course: 2nd Year Economics.
- Role: I am in charge of everything speeds related – which involves the day-to-day planning and taking of training sessions (both the general fitness and speeds-specific sessions) to make sure everyone stays fit and healthy, knows what they are doing in a comp, and has the opportunity to train for events. The role also involves selecting teams for competitions in collaboration with the SERCs training officer.
- Favourite part of lifesaving: The competitions! Although we didn’t get a chance to compete last year, I have taken part in lifesaving comps beforehand. It is laugh to get away with the team and cheer on each other during races, seeing the benefits of all our training in action and enjoying the social afterwards.
- Favourite speeds events: Any of the speeds relays (Medley Relay, Manikin Relay, Obs Relay, Pool Lifesaver Relay).
- Hobbies and interests: Lifesaving, water sports, movies and rollercoasters.
- Lifesaving memory: Achieving a British Record in the Manikin Relay with some of my close friends.